Thermal Switch On the Motorhome Water Bay Heater
2511 Series Automatic Reset Thermal Switch
As long as we’re talking RV’s lets share this one with you. Garry N replaced the thermal switch on the water bay heater of his motorhome with a more robust one made by, you guessed it- Senasys.
For more information about our snap disc thermostats, click here.
If you’re looking to design custom snap disc thermostat, contact us!
Here’s what he told us about it:
“We used your firm’s thermal switch to replace the one installed by the factory on our 2006 motorhome. After a good deal of research, we determined the following:
1. The thermal switches installed by [the motorhome manufacturer] are rated for residential/commercial purposes, not for motorhomes. This often results in early failure. Many motorhome couples report that they need to replace their switches every year, when using their motorhomes year-round.
2. The thermal switch in our motorhome was rated to turn on our water bay heater at 25 degrees fahrenheit. Since this is below freezing, it did not protect our water bay. The replacement switch we purchased from your firm is rated to turn on at 35 degrees. After reading the motorhome manufacturer’s manual, we belive the old switch was a manufacturer’s mistake–their manual indicated our old switch should have activated somewhere between 32 and 40 degrees (36 ± 4 degrees).
3. We selected your firm’s product because the specifications at your website indicated your switch is built more durably.
So far, we have been very pleased with the performance of your company’s switch.”
Perusing some RVing blogs, it turns out there are plenty of uses for bi-metal snap disc thermostats in a motorhome. We look forward to hearing more about it! Safe Travels!
To view our standard temperature options visit our online store.
- Variety of terminal orientations
- Temperatures from 0°-350°F (-18°-176°C)
- UL rated for over 100,000 cycles
- Made in the USA
For more information about our epoxy sealed thermostats, contact our direct technical support at 715-831-6353.